All garbage mountains to be removed
Government has taken steps to remove all garbage mountains in the areas inundated by floods including Kolonnawa within three days.
A mechanism has been put in place on the directive of President Maithripala Sirisena to remove all garbage mountains in the areas inundated by floods including Kolonnawa within three days, Provincial Councils and Local Government Minister Faiszer Musthapha said.
The special junk clearance mechanism will be carried out through a special unit established under the Local Government Ministry.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023