Amunugama to lead SL delegation to WB confab
International Monetary Cooperation Senior Minister Dr Sarath Amunugama will lead a Sri Lankan delegation to the IMF – World Bank Spring Meeting to be held in Washington this week.
The other members to the delegation include Central Bank Governor Ajith Nivard Cabraal, Finance and Planning Ministry External Resources Division Director General Mapa Pathirana and five other senior officials of the ministry and the Central Bank.
This meeting is to be attended by Finance Ministers of countries holding IMF membership. The IMF board approved US $ 427 million to Sri Lanka in early April.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023