Ananda Palitha, Sanjeewa Dhammika granted bail
United Trade Union Alliance convenor Ananda Palitha and Electricity Consumers’ Association secretary Sanjeewa Dhammika who were arrested and subsequently remanded for allegedly threatening members of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) have been granted bail.
Trade union leaders were released on bail on the orders of the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Two trade union leaders were arrested by the Kollupitiya Police on January 24 for allegedly threatening two members of the PUCSL and were later placed behind bars on remand.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023