Another haul of ammunition discovered
Fourteen pressure mines, 21 bombs, one RPG launcher and four mortar ammunitions were unearthed by the police in the Illuppukadawai police division in Mannar this afternoon.
Police said the haul of ammunition was found in a deserted cesspit behind the Agrarian Services Department in Illuppukadawai on a tip off received by the Illuppukadawai Police Post.
They said the bombs were disposed by the army following the magisterial inquiry, which was conducted by the Mannar Magistrate.
A suicide kit, four claymore mines, three parcels of C4 explosives and ammunition were also found in a house in Vallakulam, Chavakachcheri this morning on information received by the Jaffna police.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023