Another man dies fainting in a fuel queue in Kadawatha
Another senior citizen who fainted while standing in a fuel queue in Kadawatha has died on admission to hospital today (March 20).
Police said the 70-year-old victim, a three wheeler driver from Makola has died on admission to the Ragama Hospital.
Meanwhile, a 71-year-old died on Saturday (March 19) while waiting in a queue to obtain kerosene in the area of Wattegama, Kandy. The incident took place at the Ellepola filling station.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023