Another stock of Ethanol detected
Some 80 barrels consisting of 16,000 litres of Ethanol worth more than Rs.3.2 million and imported from Malaysia were taken into custody by Customs officials at the Orugodawatte container yard this morning.
Customs media spokesman Lesley Gamini said the container was declared as containing MDF boards.
He said if this stock of Ethanol went undetected the Government would have incurred a loss of Rs.10 million in tax revenue.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023