Another suspect arrested over the 2019 Easter Sunday attacks
The Terrorism Investigation Division (TID) has arrested a 25-year-old man from Hingula yesterday (02) suspected to have links with Easter Sunday attack, Police Spokesman SSP Nihal Thalduwa said.
TID officers attached to the Kandy Division arrested the suspect.
The suspect reportedly attended a training camp run by Zahran Hashim in Hambantota.
He is charged for having links with suspects in the Easter attacks and aiding and abetting extremists.
The TID is detaining the suspect and conducting further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023