Another woman murdered in Kahawatta
Another murder was reported from Kahwatta when a 66-year-old woman found dead with severe injuries in a house in Warapitiya, Kahawatta yesterday. The victim had been slashed to death by unidentified persons when her son was away at work and she was alone in her house, Kahawatta Police said.
Kahawatta area was the hot spot following a series of mysterious murders during the last five months. This is believed to be the 15th murder of a woman. The victim was living in the house with her son.
Her husband is employed at a tea state in Kalawana and her elder daughter is married and settled down in another area. It is reported that there is a Police post near the house the crime was reported. The Police said that they had conducted the initial investigations and so far no reasons were found regarding the death.
Neither the Police officials close by nor the residents heard any noise when the crime was perpetrated.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023