Anti-terrorism sections to be gazetted under emergency regulations
The government has decided to gazette the sections dealing with prevention of terrorism under emergency regulations from midnight today.
The decision was taken at the National Security Council to give authority to the Police and the three Armed Forces in order to ensure the safety of the general public.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023