Tomorrow declared a national day of mourning
The government has decided to declare 23rd April a national day of morning in remembrance of the series of fatal explosions which shook the country on Easter Sunday (21).
In a statement, it said the decision was taken at the national security council which convened under the chair of President Maithripala Sirisena this morning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023