Antigen Tests at expressways exit points
The Deputy Director General of Health Services, Dr. Hemantha Herath says Rapid Antigen Tests will be carried out on individuals leaving the Western Province, at random.
Speaking at a media briefing in Colombo, Dr. Herath said steps have been taken to carry out the random tests at exit points of highways.
Dr. Hemantha Herath said many questioned as to why Rapid Antigen tests are not conducted on those exiting Colombo through expressways.
He however revealed that steps have been taken to conduct tests at random at exit points of the highway in order to prevent any disruptions to traffic flow.
Dr. Herath said therefore that tests will be carried out on people heading to the Southern Province at certain exit points bordering the Western Province.
Commenting on the reopening of airports for tourists Dr. Hemantha Herath said permission has only been granted to authorised and selected flights, and for flights organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
He explained therefore that only pre-authorised flights will be allowed to fly to Sri Lanka, adding accordingly that restrictions are yet to be lifted for anyone seeking to travel to Sri Lanka freely as and when they wish.
Dr. Herath stated that flights will continue to operate under controlled measures.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023