Antigen Tests at expressways exit points
The Deputy Director General of Health Services, Dr. Hemantha Herath says Rapid Antigen Tests will be carried out on individuals leaving the Western Province, at random.
Speaking at a media briefing in Colombo, Dr. Herath said steps have been taken to carry out the random tests at exit points of highways.
Dr. Hemantha Herath said many questioned as to why Rapid Antigen tests are not conducted on those exiting Colombo through expressways.
He however revealed that steps have been taken to conduct tests at random at exit points of the highway in order to prevent any disruptions to traffic flow.
Dr. Herath said therefore that tests will be carried out on people heading to the Southern Province at certain exit points bordering the Western Province.
Commenting on the reopening of airports for tourists Dr. Hemantha Herath said permission has only been granted to authorised and selected flights, and for flights organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
He explained therefore that only pre-authorised flights will be allowed to fly to Sri Lanka, adding accordingly that restrictions are yet to be lifted for anyone seeking to travel to Sri Lanka freely as and when they wish.
Dr. Herath stated that flights will continue to operate under controlled measures.
(Source: News Radio)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023