Anura Kumara Dissanayake to run for presidency
The JVP led National Peoples Power movement has named JVP Leader Anura Kumara Dissanayake as its candidate for the upcoming Presidential Candidate.
Dissanayake’s candidacy was announced during the NPP’s rally currently underway at the Galle Face Green.
The event named “Peraliye Maha Raliya” is being held under the theme let’s rise and unite.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023