Armed Forces instructed to open fire if necessary to quell violence
Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry has instructed the three-armed forces to use necessary force to prevent vehicle searches by unlawful gangs or violent groups and incidents of damaging public or private property, looting and assault.
The Defence Ministry said if necessary the three-armed forces are instructed to shoot to quell such incidents.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023