President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and Ranil Wickremesinghe hold talks
Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has held talks with Parliamentarian Ranil Wickremesinghe this evening (May 12).
United National Party (UNP) leader MP Wickremesinghe and President Rajapaksa have discussed the ongoing crisis situation and the economic turmoil in the country, the UNP media unit said.
During the talks, MP Wickremesinghe has requested the President not to obstruct the protesters at the Galle Face Green.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023