Army Chief warns his men
Posted in Local News
Addressing the Sri Lanka Light Infantry (SLLI) troops, Army Commander Daya Ratnayake has warned he would not tolerate any behavior that goes beyond their legitimate duties.
The Commander also underlined the importance of maintaining strict discipline all time.
Lt. Gen Ratnayake made this comment when he visited the SLLI Regimental Headquarters, Panagoda on Friday.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
If this officer had any sense of patriotism or reponsibility, he would have resigned his post following the horrific crimes against innocent Sinhala Buddhist citizens caused by a rampant Army on the first day of his new job.
He is talking about strict discipline and behaviour that goes beyond legitimate duties.
This officer should find out who gave instructions to the Army to open fire on innocent civilians. He should stop blaming the soldiers on the ground as they were carrying out orders from above and behaving within legitimate duties.
pippuh, If this officer has “resigned” straightaway as you suggested, then how could he investigate “who gave instructions to the Army to open fire”, again as you suggested?
Your two suggestions are contrary to each other !
Knee-jerk reactions to an incident are thing of the past!