Arrest warrant issued on Frederica Jansz
A contempt of court case filed by a government MP against the Publisher of The Sunday Leader and journalist Frederica Jansz was taken up for inquiry by the Court of Appeal yesterday. Whe the case was taken up before Court of Appeal President Justice S. Sriskandaraja, second respondent Frederica Jansz was not present in court despite being warned to appear in court.
As she had not obtained permission from court for her absence, Gamini Marapana PC who appeared for petitioner moved that a Bench warrant be issued for her arrest. The court thereafter issued a warrant to arrest Frederica Jansz and to produce her in court on January 17,2013.
Gamini Marapana PC with Ranjan Sriskantha and Navin Marapana instructed by Tharanatha Palliyaguruge appeared for petitioner while Upul Jayasuriya appeared for the Publisher and Frederica Jansz.
Courtesy: Daily News
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023