Arundika Fernando to step down as a State Minister
Posted in Local News
Arundika Fernando says he will step down as a State Minister until a thorough investigation is conducted into the assault on a group of university students.
His son is among the suspects arrested over the incident.
It was reported previously that President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has directed Fernando to do the same.
All 6 suspects, including the son of State Minister Arundika Fernando who were arrested over the assault incident at the Ragama Medical Faculty, were remanded until February 07.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
These are nothing but thugs. Bully boys and only way they know to solve problems is physical.