Arundika Fernando’s son arrested over assault on Ragama medical faculty students
The son of State Minister Arundika Fernando has been arrested over the incident of alleged assault on students at the Ragama Medical Faculty.
Avinda Randila Jehan Fernando, aged 23, was arrested after he surrendered to the Ragama Police last night (February 02) through a lawyer.
The vehicle used by the assailants was meanwhile taken into custody in the area of Kalubowila, the police said.
Accordingly, a total of seven suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident.
UPDATE – 1:46 PM: Seven people, including the son of State Minister Arundhika Fernando who were arrested over a University assault, have been remanded until 7th February.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023