Azath Salley further remanded till 12th October
Former Western Province Governor Azath Salley who was arrested for making a controversial statement, was further remanded until October 12.
The order was issued by Colombo Chief Magistrate Buddhika Sri Ragala today.
A bail application filed by the Former Governor earlier this month was rejected by Court.
Azath Salley is arrested under provisions of the Prevention of Terrorism Act.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023