Joint company to be formed for purchasing gas
A joint company will be formed for the purpose of purchasing Liquid Petroleum (LP) Gas, State Minister of Consumer Affairs Lasantha Alagiyawanna stated.
The state minister mentioned this in response to a journalist’s query, during the press conference held to inform Cabinet decisions, regarding the reports of Litro Gas Company and Laugfs Gas PLC merging to form a joint company.
Alagiyawanna said that it is possible to reduce prices of gas by about Rs 125-130 if Litro and Laugfs gas companies are merged and formed a state-owned company to purchase gas with government intervention.
Meanwhile, issuing and recalling gazette notifications on the implementation of control prices are all done for the welfare of the consumers, State Minister Lasantha Alagiyawanna said.
He mentioned this commenting on the government’s recent decision to remove the control price on rice.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023