Ban on imported cement from Pakistan lifted
The ban imposed on cement imported from Pakistan has been lifted after tests were conducted on the cement in foreign laboratories, Internal Trade Minister, Johnston Fernando stated.
Minister Fernando directed the Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) to get quality checks on all cement in Sri Lanka by sending samples to overseas labs after recent issues with inferior cement.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023