Basil empowered to handle milk powder shortage
The Cabinet of Ministers has granted powers to Minister of Finance Basil Rajapaksa to take necessary steps to resolve the current shortage of powdered milk in the domestic market.
Accordingly, powers have been granted to the Finance Minister to take measures to address the shortage without increasing the prices in the domestic market by either amending the current import levies or other steps that will not burden the public.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023