Basil granted 3 months leave
Posted in Local News
Parliament has approved three(03) months leave for MP Basil Rajapaksa commencing from today (28). The approval was granted on a proposal made by Opposition leader Nimal Siripala De Silva.
MP Rajapaksa was admitted to the Colombo National Hospital after he was arrested and remanded on allegations of financial misappropriation.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023