Basil granted 3 months leave
Parliament has approved three(03) months leave for MP Basil Rajapaksa commencing from today (28). The approval was granted on a proposal made by Opposition leader Nimal Siripala De Silva.
MP Rajapaksa was admitted to the Colombo National Hospital after he was arrested and remanded on allegations of financial misappropriation.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023