BBS to resume anti-halal agitation
The National Organizer of the Bodhu Bala Sena (BBS), Ven. Vitharandeniya Nanda Thera, said the halal struggle that was deflected and halted, will resume on 22 October.
Though the Defence Secretary and the Mahanayake Theras had intervened and stated that the dispute would be resolved, no measures had been taken so far in this regard, while the BBS had become a victim of deceit, the Thera said.
He said a motorcade will start from Colombo and proceed to the Dalada Maligawa in Kandy on 22 October at 8:30 a.m. and after paying homage to the Maligawa, action will be initiated to boycott products labelled as halal.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023