Bellanwila Wimalarathana Thero passes away
Professor Venerable Dr Bellanwila Wimalaratana Nayake Thero, Chancellor of the Sri Jayawardanepura University passed awaya short while ago (3), at a Private Hospital in Colombo, following an accident while he was preparing to feed a tusker within the premises of the Bellanwila Rajamaha Viharaya.
Bellanwila Wimalarathana Thera was reportedly injured and hospitalized following the accident last morning (2).
The Buddhist monk sustained injuries to his ribs following the injury.
The Chief Incumbent of the Bellanwila Rajamaha Viharaya was admitted to the Kalubowila Teaching Hospital and was later transferred to a Private Hospital in Colombo for further treatments.
According to reports, the Thera had taken a fall and was injured while attempting to feed the tusker ‘Miyan Kumara’ at the temple premises this morning, a ritual which he is said carry out almost every morning.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Please don’t blame this tusker. Years of domination ,torture and imprisonment, what do you except from any animal. No Elephant should be kept in captivity. They must have a free life.