Bills to be tabled to permit medical cannabis export
Necessary Bills will be tabled in Parliament within the next 90-day period aimed at exporting of medicinal cannabis, State Minister Sisira Jayakody said yesterday (30) in parliament.
He stated that medicinal cannabis has been proved to be a cure for diseases such as cancer, nerve related ailments as well as mental illnesses.
Jayakody added that within the next three months the Government will look to submit the relevant laws and Bills to Parliament ahead of its ratification.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023