Blake to visit Sri Lanka next week
Robert Blake, the US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, will visit Sri Lanka next week to hold wide range of bilateral and regional discussions with top Indian officials.
Blake would also travel to India, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters.
“In Sri Lanka, he intends to meet with government officials, civil society representatives, university students, and political leaders,” she said, adding that this trip had to cancelled earlier because of hurricane Irene.
“In India, Assistant Secretary Blake will meet with the Government of India and have internal consultations with the staff at the Embassy,” Nuland said, adding, “He leaves on September 12, returning on the 16.” PTI reports.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023