Blasts inside Mahabodhi temple;5 injured
Five people including two Tibetan pilgrims were injured in a serial blast inside the Mahabodhi temple complex at Bodhgaya on Sunday morning.
According to Gaya police, the blasts took place in quick succession between 5.30 am and 6 am in the temple complex and near Mahabodhi tree.
Senior police officers, including DIG of Magadh range, have reached the world heritage site-Mahabodhi temple. Forenscic experts from Patna too have rushed.
Mahabodhi temple had been on the hit list of the terrorists and IB had sent an alert last week.
Two Tibetan pilgrims who have been injured are admitted in AM College at Gaya, police said.
CRPF personnel and fire tenders have been rushed to the spot. (Times of India)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024