BOC to release Rs.600mil to pay SLC wages
The Bank of Ceylon (BOC) has agreed to release Rs.600 million to settle the player payments of Sri Lanka Cricket while the pending salaries will be paid by February 28, the Sports Ministry stated.
Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage had personally informed the BOC Board of Directors of the SLC financial crisis after which the BOC had approved the release of the sum of Rs.600 million for player payments.
The Ministry emphasized that it has instructed the SLC to make the payments before February 28 while steps have been taken to settle the wages payments for the month of March as well.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023