Bakery owners to decide on price hike today
The All Ceylon Bakery Owners’ Association says it will reach a final decision today (Feb. 17) regarding an increasing in prices of bakery products, due to the recent fuel price hike.
President of the Association, N. K. Jayawardena says they have no alternative but to increase prices of bread and other bakery products as fuel is essential in the production of them.
Therefore members of the Bakery Owners’ Association are to gather today afternoon where they will decide in regard to the price increase.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024