Bakery owners to decide on price hike today
Posted in Local News
The All Ceylon Bakery Owners’ Association says it will reach a final decision today (Feb. 17) regarding an increasing in prices of bakery products, due to the recent fuel price hike.
President of the Association, N. K. Jayawardena says they have no alternative but to increase prices of bread and other bakery products as fuel is essential in the production of them.
Therefore members of the Bakery Owners’ Association are to gather today afternoon where they will decide in regard to the price increase.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
Bread manufacturing is not fuel intensive. Price increases must be justified.
Sri Lankan people’s economical food is bread and floor products depends mostly on.Due to the hike of fuel these basic food items reaches to the ordinary people in a struggle further in future.
Nowadays we could notice that there are huge amount of working women and those who are carrying their family weight women are “KEPT” by the people who are having money.One thing we have to recognize that most of these women are adapted for their poverty.
Street prostitution and call girls every where.
POVERTY PLAYS THE MAIN PART OF THIS ROLE.