Bond scams fatal blow to UNP – Mahinda
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday said that the unmanageable rising cost of living and the bond scams would seriously affect the UNP’s campaign at the forthcoming local government elections.
Rajapaksa said the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) would emerge victorious at the upcoming polls.
The former President said the UNP had received a fatal blow with the revelation of the bond scams.
The prices of essential commodities had skyrocketed and the government had failed to control it, he said.
(Source: The Island – By Norman Palihawadana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023