Bus fare revision effective from today
The bus fare revision announced by the National Transport Commission (NTC) comes into effect today (January 05).
The bus fares have been increased by a percentage of 17.44%, except for the minimum fare which has been increased by Rs. 03 (from Rs. 14 to Rs. 17).
The Director-General of the NTC, (Retired) Commander Nilan Miranda said that complaints regarding public transport services could be directed via the hotline 1955.
Meanwhile, the President of the Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association, Gemunu Wijeratne says that the issuance of bus tickets could be delayed by another month as the ticket machines issued for buses should be repaired.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023