BUSES DAMAGED DURING A SHOOTING AT MATARA
The police said that several buses belonging to a private bus owner in the Dideniya area in Mawarala, Matara have been damaged during an incident of shooting carried out by an unidentified group.
It is reported that six of the seven buses which were parked outside the bus owner’s residence have thus been damaged but no casualties have been reported as a result of this incident which occurred at dawn today.
‘Buses from Matara, Pitabadamulla, Akuressa and Kaburpitiya were parked here.We heard the sound of gun-shots at around 1.15 a.m.. When we came out we saw that windows of the buses were damaged. One bus however was not damaged,” said a resident.
A senior police officer said that a special police team has been deployed to carry out investigations by Senior DIG in charge of the Southern Province Kingsley Ekanayake.
Meanwhile, the police have discovered twelve empty bullet casings similar to T56 ammunition, at the location.
The Police Forensic Investigations Unit and the Finger-print Investigations Unit have been summoned to carry out further investigations.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023