Cabinet approves 1,000 new buses for SLTB
Posted in Local News
The Cabinet of Ministers approved a proposal made by Transport and Civil aviation Minister Nimal Siripala De Silva to purchase 1, 000 new buses for the Sri Lank Transport Board.
Nine-hundred of the new buses will be 40-46 high-back seaters, while 100 of them will be low-floor air conditioned buses.
The buses will be purchased through the Indian Line of Credit.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW IMPORTS OF ASSEMBLED BUSES FROM INDIA. WE HAVE A VERY LARGE ASSEMBLY PLANT IN PANAGODA, HOMAGAMA. SRI LANKA GOVERNMENT (THE TREASURY) HOLDS THE BIGGEST SHARES, NEARLY 80% IN THIS VENTURE . INDIA SHOULD ALLOW THE ASSEMBLY OF THESE LANKA LEYLAND BUSES IN SRI LANKA AND SUPPLY TO THE CTB. THIS WILL GIVE THOUSANDS OF SRI LANKAN YOUTH EMPLOYMENT AND SAVE LABOUR COST GOING TO THE INDIAN WORKERS AT THE ASHOK LEYLAND ASSEMBLY PLANTS IN INDIA. OUR COUNTRY FIRST PLEASE. CAN SOMEONE BRING THIS INFORMATION TO HE. MAITHRIPALA SIRISENA IMMEDIATELY.
Noor Nizam – “Desappremi”.
Your cry for the right thing to assemble these busses in SL is a cry in the wilderness.
Nowadays, even before Cabinet approval, work is started on projects.
This slimy guy living in Dubai (owner of big hotel in Dubai and Sri Lanka Steel Corporation) was caught preparing the site for a tyre manufacturing factory even before any approval was granted.
Similarly, I think the Komis on the 1000 busses is already in someone’s overseas bank account. Now we will get fully assembled poor quality busses from India.
Yahapalana corruption has fast overtaken the R Govt corruption. They all want to eat, my friend, who cares about jobs for youth in assembly lines?
Assemble these buses in Sri Lanka when they can’t even make a tin can.