CC approves Yasantha Kodagoda as Supreme Court justice
The Constitutional Council (CC) has approved President Gotabaya Rajapaksa’s recommendation to appoint Justice Yasantha Kodagoda as a Supreme Court Judge.
Justice Kodagoda served as the President of the Court of Appeal before President Gotabaya Rajapaksa nominated him to the Apex Court to fill the vacancy created by the demise of Justice Prasanna Jayawardana recently.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023