CCD directed to obtain arrest warrant for Judge Gihan Pilapitiya
The Attorney General has instructed the Director of the Colombo Crime Division (CCD) to obtain a warrant and arrest interdicted High Court Judge Gihan Pilapitiya and to produce him before court.
The AG’s Coordinating Officer Nishara Jayaratne stated that the Attorney General directed the CCD to obtain a warrant and arrest the interdicted High Court Judge “for conspiring to fabricate false evidence” along with MP Ranjan Ramanayake.
Coordinating Officer also said AG Dappula De Livera has directed the CCD to obtain technical evidence from the mobile service providers regarding the phone conversations the three judges held with MP Ramanayaka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023