CCD seizes heroin worth Rs.1 billion
A consignment of heroin weighing nearly 10kg worth Rs.1 billion has been seized by the Colombo Crimes Division from Kotikawatta.
The haul was recovered based on the information divulged by the notorious underworld figure and drug kingpin ‘Makandure Madush’ during interrogations.
Criminal Investigation Department (CID) had transferred Madush to the custody of CCD on Friday (16), for further investigations into the cases filed against him.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023