CEB Chairman to resign over blackouts
Chairman of the Ceylon Electricity Board Anura Wijepala has decided to step down from his post.
Wijepala said that he is taking this decision, after taking the responsibility for the 3 island-wide power cuts which took place within the past 6 months.
Anura Wijepala said that he will hand over his letter of resignation after the supply of electricity to the country is restored.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023