Chairman of the Kalutara Urban Council arrested for violating quarantine regulations
Posted in Local News
The Chairman of the Kalutara Urban Council (UNP) M. Ameer Nazeer arrested for forcibly entering a playground, unlawful assembly & for violating quarantine regulations on June 23.
Twelve individuals including the Chairman of the Kalutara Urban Council had broken the locks and forcibly entered the sports complex on June 23.
Kalutara Police launched investigations carried out based on a complaint lodged by the manager of the stadium and several arrests were made.
On June 26, the Police arrested Opposition Leader of Kalutara Pradeshiya Sabha (UNP) S.A. D. Nilantha and another person over the incident.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023