Chairman of the Kalutara Urban Council arrested for violating quarantine regulations
The Chairman of the Kalutara Urban Council (UNP) M. Ameer Nazeer arrested for forcibly entering a playground, unlawful assembly & for violating quarantine regulations on June 23.
Twelve individuals including the Chairman of the Kalutara Urban Council had broken the locks and forcibly entered the sports complex on June 23.
Kalutara Police launched investigations carried out based on a complaint lodged by the manager of the stadium and several arrests were made.
On June 26, the Police arrested Opposition Leader of Kalutara Pradeshiya Sabha (UNP) S.A. D. Nilantha and another person over the incident.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023