Champika, Udaya resign from ministries
Posted in Local News
Science and Technology Minister and JHU General Secretary Patali Champika Ranawaka today said he and Western Provincial Council Minister Udaya Gammanpila would resign from their ministerial positions and remain as JHU representatives and not as representatives of the UPFA. They would continue to function as an independent party not bound by the UPFA.
The announcement was made in a special press conference being held in Colombo.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
You are the real heteros in the country, which would record in the history. You tried in best to take president in real direction tolerating all odds but could not.
Parliament should have the power to appoint secretaries to the ministries, Vice, chancellors, and ambassadors and more.
Then education in the country has a meaning.
Now I know 4 vice chancellors have no research publications. If you go to google scholar and check their names, you see their work.
Then how you develop the country through this henchman vice chancellors.
But unfortunately, university academic staff are coward people, they tolerate all these things. FUTA can make serious objection to reject this kind of vice chancellors.
I am sorry with a mistake I have typed ‘heteros’ in comment 1 above. It should be heroes.