Mathews top in ICC Rankings for ODI all-rounders
Sri Lankan skipper Angelo Mathews is now the No 1 all-rounder in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Rankings for One-Day International (ODI) All-rounders. Despite Sri Lanka losing the ODI series to India 0-5, Mathews was one of the success stories and performed brilliantly with the bat. In the last ODI at Ranchi, he smashed 139 not out and also took two wickets.
According to the latest rankings released by the ICC, Mathews has now finished with 420 rating points. In the process, he displaced Mohammad Hafeez, the Pakistan all-rounder, from the top spot. Hafeez currently has 411 rating points. Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan is on the third spot.
India’s Ravindra Jadeja is on the fourth spot followed by Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne Dilshan on fifth.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023