‘Chance to build a nation with respect for HR’
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in a message greeting all Sri Lankans around the world for the Sinhala and Tamil New Year said that it gives an opportunity to help build a democratic nation defined by-tolerance and respect for human rights.
The message says:
“On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to Sri Lankans around the world as you celebrate Sinhala and Tamil New Year. This celebration brings people together to renew bonds of friendship and family.
It also gives Sri Lankans of all backgrounds, living inside and outside the country, an opportunity to help build a prosperous, democratic nation defined by tolerance and respect for human rights. As a partner and friend of Sri Lanka for more than 150years, the United States looks forward to supporting your efforts to foster national reconciliation and development, and to build even stronger ties between our people.
Congratulations and best wishes for a safe and happy holiday and prosperous New Year.”
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023