Charitha Herath says President & Prime Minister should be ashamed
Former Chairman of Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) Professor Charitha Herath was not included in the list of COPE members announced by the Speaker on Monday (October 03).
Former COPE Chair Professor Charitha Herath accuses the President and Prime Minister for making way for corruption by excluding his appointment to the committee.
Professor Charitha Herath is among the several ruling faction MPs who decided to remain independent and sit with the opposition in Parliament.
“After a delay of two months COPE member list is out. As predicted, my name isn’t in the list. Thieves, deal makers who are in favour of a corrupted system won for the day. People behind the economic crimes wanted me out of their way. Shame on you President and Prime Minister,” he tweeted.
Professor Charitha Herath served as the COPE Chair from 2020 to 2022.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023