Chief Epidemiologist Dr. Sudath Samaraweera transferred
The Chief Epidemiologist Dr. Sudath Samaraweera has been transferred from the Epidemiology Unit.
Accordingly, Dr. Samaraweera will now serve as the Director of the National Dengue Control Unit, the Director-General of Health Services stated.
Meanwhile, Dr. Samitha Ginige has been appointed as Acting Director of the Epidemiology Unit.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023