Chief suspect in Wellawatte triple murder arrested
The chief suspect in the triple murder which recently took place in Ramakrishna Terrace, Wellawatte has been arrested, police said today.
The 28-year-old, Prabath Kumaraswamy, is said to be the son of the murdered couple and was suspected to be involved in their deaths as he had been missing since the incident.
The three persons, an elderly couple and their daughter, whose bodies were found inside a residence in Ramakrishna Terrace had arrived in Colombo last week along with the suspect. They are residents of Kotagala in Hatton.
Police said the suspect, who had served as a pharmacist, was arrested at around 10.45am today while traveling in a bus from Colombo to Kurunegala.
He was reportedly arrested in Kadawatha by police, acting on a tip-off from a passenger of the bus, and is currently being escorted to Colombo Crimes Division (CCD) for further investigations.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023