Teledrama star’s hotel a five star brothel
The Panadura- Walana Central Anti-Vice Squad raided a hotel said to be owned by a film and teledrama actress in Moratuwa yesterday. Two alleged prostitutes and the manager of the hotel, a retired police sergeant, had been arrested.
One of the women had kept her one year and three month old child in this hotel where she allegedly worked as a prostitute.
At the time of the arrest the manager of the hotel had been looking after the child while the mother was working.
The police, on information received, had obtained a search warrant from the Moratuwa magistrate and raided the place
Police had used a decoy who posing as rich businessman and solicited the services of a woman for Rs 8000, and, after selecting a Tamil woman, had paid the money, The police party who arrived on the scene had arrested the woman plus another woman and the manager.
The Panadura Walana Anti-Vice Squad, under the direction of DIG Mahesh Samaradiwakara conducted this raid with the assistance of a police team. The suspects are to be produced in court after preliminary inquiries.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023