China donates school uniform material worth Rs. 5 Billion to Sri Lanka
China will donate 90 million RMB (5 billion LKR) worth of school uniform material to Sri Lankan students to meet 70% of the whole country’s requirement in 2023, the Chinese Embassy in Colombo said.
Accordingly, the first batch of finished material of 3 mln metres of finished material in 38, 000 boxes via 20 containers has already left China for Sri Lanka, according to the Chinese Embassy in Colombo.
In a tweet, the Chinese Embassy has mentioned that the first batch of school uniform donation contains 2374427.5 metres of white shirt/ frock materials, 350031.5 metres of white trouser materials, 150003.5 metres of blue trouser materials and 138134 metres of orange robe materials bringing the total donation into 3012596.5 metres of uniform material.
“All together 3012596.5 metres of material, about 10 times the distance from Colombo to Jaffna”, it added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023