CHOGM vehicles in mishaps
A jinx appears to be affecting the brand new luxury vehicles imported for CHOGM, with at least three top-of-the-line Benz S-400 cars suffering damage last Friday, while being moved around inside the Nelum Pokuna Mahinda Rajapaksa Theatre grounds.
Those mishaps were followed by a Luxury bus bringing delegates for the Commonwealth Youth Forum, from the Mattala Airport to Hambantota, brushing against an army truck at Pannegamuwa yesterday. While the bus only suffered slight scrape marks, the luxury Benzes needed some replacement of damaged parts like tail lights, it is learnt.
In order to claim insurance, to repair the three damaged cars, sources said the incidents were reported to the Cinnamon Gardens police.
The damaged cars were part of a fleet of 54 super luxury S-400 hybrid Benzes brought for the exclusive use of heads of government attending CHOGM.
It was not clear whether any action would be taken against the Navy drivers who had been driving them when the mishaps occurred.
(Courtesy: The Island)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023