CID summons Bruno Divakara
Bruno Divakara, owner of the ‘SL VLOG’ YouTube channel was summoned to record a statement at the Illegal Assets and Property Investigation Unit of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) today (June 29).
He was summoned in connection with the investigations into stand-up comedian Natasha Edirisooriya’s controversial comments made at a show.
Speaking to the media upon his arrival to the CID in order to record a statement, Bruno Divakara said “It is evident that someone wants us to keep our mouth shut. If this is their way of doing that, we too will maximize our efforts to continue with our work despite such obstacles”.
Bruno Divakara was arrested by the CID on May 31, 2023 after being grilled for over 08 hours over the recent controversial statements made by Nathasha Edirisooriya.
He was, however, later granted bail on June 21, 2023 while Nathasha Edirisooriya remains in remand custody until July 05.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023