CID to probe Sharia law executions
Posted in Local News
The Criminal Investigation Department is set to launch probes into the revelations made by Venerable Medagoda Abayatissa Thero over 20 persons being allegedly killed under the Sharia law, police said.
This follows an order issued by Acting IGP Chandana Wickremaratna to the head of the CID, Senior DIG Ravi Seneviratna.
Ven. Abayathissa Thera is reported to have made the revelation while taking part in an anti-Wahhabism rally on 4 July at Nugegoda.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
The outcome is clear and predictable. Eventually Venerable Medagoda Abayatissa Thero will end up in prison. This is Sri Lankan justice!
This is a serious allegation that the Mozzies are executing their mates.
Hope they find the truth and if found correct, it is a serious matter.
Dear Mr. D. Boomdell, yes this is a serious matter indeed. But this is Sri Lanka! Normally accuser is in the receiving end. Remember Dr. Safi who accused of 4,000 forced sterilizations after T-section surgery (some 900 moms came forward) by harming the Fallopian tube of Sinhala mothers. The journalist and the Police officer brought the allegation were questioned for hours and they were accused for instigating violence against Muslims. Eventually the CID became medical experts and gave a verdict that the accused Doctor was innocent and he was framed by Sinhala racists!